Sunday, November 17, 2013

Left the house again today

and, while I was out, took two text messages from two different sisters; both of them expressed surprised that I was actually out of the house.  "What is this???" one sister said; the other simply wondered where I was.  Both of them got over their confusion quickly when I told them I was at the library, however.  Even though I was there for an unusual reason - to meet up with a NaNo writing group  - our local chapter had an intermission today; I played Apples to Apples with some very nice strangers, some of whom were still in high school & made me feel very old because they didn't know who Eddie Murphy was, but other than that, it was a lovely time. I put my raffle winning prowess to good use*, watched a bit of Stranger Than Fiction, when it wasn't skipping in the library's DVD player, posed for a group picture (blech) and then wandered the stacks a while until Mom swung back to pick me up.

All in all, a pretty good day, even if I didn't get terribly far NaNo-word count wise.  I met the goal and all, but after such a rock star day yesterday, it was kind of a let down.

Oh well,

 There's always tomorrow.








*Have I not mentioned my raffle winning prowess? I am good at winning things you have to put your name on the back of a ticket for, particularly if you then have to put that ticket into a bucket. It has not extended into lottery winning, unfortunately, but I have won all sorts of things over the years; turkeys, a china doll, a picnic basket, various edible goodies, a basket full of books once, and a whole bunch of rather random things I can't recall right now.  Tonight's haul included a NaNo poster, NaNoBoston stickers, cookies and a travel mug.

No comments: